Friday, January 9, 2009

Im being induced!

Yes on Monaday the 12th I will go in the morning and start my induction! This has been a crazy couple of days.

The morning of the 7th I awoke to horrible pains at 3am! I just laid there in bed for about a half an hour to see if they would go away and the suckers kept getting worse. So I went to the hospital and got all hooked up to the monitors. They checked me each hour and I wasnt dialated so they decided to just give me a shot of morphine in my butt (which hurts like a mother by the way but did make my contractions go away) and sent me home around 6:30. I slept the whole day until about 3:30 that afternoon when I woke up to go to the bathroom and discovered I was bleeding. Scary shit im telling ya! So back to the hospital and on the monitors they discovered my blood pressure was bouncing from normal to high and my urine came back very high with protein. These are the 2 signs of preclamsia. When they checked me this time I was at a 1 and pretty efaced. At around 10 pm my blood pressure was going back to normal so they sent me home with a sleeping pill and a giant jug that I was to collect my urine in for the next 24 hours to test the protein. Well went home did all that and turned in my pee jug and called this morning to get my results. I was told that the protein in my urine was scary high and they want to induce me on monday if I dont go into labor sooner...

So ya that is the long story short so I will be going in on monday if this weekend goes well so yay baby almost here! I may not get back on here before then but i will put up pics as soon as we get home!

2 comments:

Amber said...

oh that's scary! I had to get that stupid morphine shot too (almost had her at 32 weeks) and it sucks! It made my thigh numb for like 7 months afterward! But good luck and congrats!

Rachel said...

You are going to do great. Don't get freaked out. It may all sound scary, but once the drugs kick in you will feel the best you have felt in almost 10 months. And when you get that little girl in your arms it will all be totally worth it! You really do forget everything as soon as the baby is out. A lot of people say all of this stuff, and it sounded like bull crap to me but it really is true. Keep me posted. I at least want to do baby photos. Ohhh! With a pink tutu!
Congrats. You are going to love it.